In today’s fast-moving world, people are searching for every solution to their problems through search engines (ie. Google). Initially, most people think that their companies or personal website is the most important thing to focus on. So, how could a LinkedIn profile be more important than a website, and how can AI help?
It’s crucial to understand why this is important. In this article, we’ll cover 3 reasons why a LinkedIn profile is more important than a website and how you can incorporate AI to help you. If you are looking for a quick guide that includes the best practices for AI, you can download our guide here!
Here are 3 reasons why a LinkedIn profile is more important than a website:
1. Business Referred to You
If someone is referring business to you personally, they are not trying to find your website, they will find your LinkedIn profile. Even if they do end up on your website, they eventually will end up on your LinkedIn profile.
Your profile will share information about you that potential clients or partners will want to know before contacting you about an opportunity. AI is not only used for business development but also for your own personal brand.
AI can help enhance your LinkedIn profile by brainstorming, researching, strategizing, summarizing content, creating social media content, leveraging emails, and using creativity in a professional way.
2. Creating Meetings With People That Want to Connect With You
Business leaders and others like them have been notorious for being hard to reach, and when reached, it is hard to carve out a time in their day when you can meet with them. This is especially true if you are trying to connect with them through email associated with their business/website.
LinkedIn provides a unique platform where you are able to reach these leaders much more easily and actually engage with them. The more you build your profile on LinkedIn (and enhance it with AI) with recommendations and connections, the more willing someone is to engage with you.
AI can assist you in the optimization of your LinkedIn profile by keeping you up to date with the latest trends, helping you form a good introduction message, help form and create content, while also allowing you to portray yourself as the professional you want to be.
3. Being able to utilize AI Tools to Help Refine Your Personal Brand
AI can help in numerous ways with business and on LinkedIn. However, when utilizing AI to help you with your LinkedIn profile, it can be more beneficial to potential clients and contacts. When you are looking for someone to do business with, of course, you look at their company website.
What you are actually looking for is the real people that make the business happen, and so you eventually get led back to their LinkedIn profile; you are looking for their experience, expertise, and what others have said working with them in the past. This applies to your LinkedIn profile as well. Here are some ways AI can help your profile more than it would your website.
- Language and Tone Analysis: AI can assess the language and tone used in your LinkedIn profile and provide feedback on how you come across to others. It can offer suggestions for making your profile more engaging, professional, and effective in communicating your skills and experiences.
- Personalized Recommendations: AI algorithms can analyze your LinkedIn activity, connections, and interests to provide personalized recommendations for networking events, relevant articles, and potential connections. This helps you stay updated with relevant content and make meaningful connections in your industry.
- Network Expansion: AI can analyze your existing connections, interests, and industry trends to recommend potential new connections that align with your professional goals. These recommendations can help you expand your network, establish valuable connections, and increase your visibility within your industry.
Integrating AI for your personal LinkedIn practices presents immense opportunities for professionals to thrive in today’s ever-evolving business landscape. From unlocking insights from big data to enhancing lead generation and customer engagement, AI empowers us to make data-driven decisions, improve efficiency, and gain a competitive advantage.
By investing time and effort in understanding how your LinkedIn profile is more important than a website, and integrating AI tools, we position ourselves as forward-thinking leaders, driving innovation and success within our organizations.